Volunteers help Foothills Animal Shelter rescue, care for, reunite and adopt thousands of animals every year. We could not do what we do without our amazing volunteers!
While we are extremely appreciative of any and all community members willing to volunteer their time in so many different capacities, we have streamlined our program to be more efficient and to ultimately help the animals and community most effectively.
At this time, we are only accepting applications for foster volunteers. Our next round of general volunteer applications will open on Saturday, April 8. Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering!
General Volunteer Requirements
- 18 years of age or older
- Willing to make a 6-month commitment with a weekly shift – totaling a minimum of 8 hours of service per month
- Have reviewed current volunteer roles and shift times
- Fill out an application
- Willing to have a phone interview, if more information is needed
- Pass a criminal background check (costs $15.40)
- Attend orientation and/or go through specialized trainings – dependent upon position(s)
- Have a home visit (for foster volunteers only)
- Contribute a fee ($17) to cover the cost of volunteer t-shirt and name tag
- Have regular access to an email account and internet connection for Shelter communications
If you still have general questions about volunteering, please contact Heather Sibet at 720.407.5216 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
One-Day Service Projects
Are you a business or community group looking for a one-day service project? Click here to check out our Corporate Service Program!
If you have questions, please contact Becky Shrefler at 720.407.5233 or email@example.com.
Required Community Service
Are you looking to fulfill requirements for court-ordered community service? Please click here for details.