Do you love helping fill an animal’s hungry belly? Giving a dog her daily exercise, cuddling a kitten, or greeting visitors as they enter our Shelter? We have many unique and fulfilling volunteer positions to fit your skills and interests!
Most of our volunteer positions require a regular weekly or every-other-week shift. While we make every attempt to place volunteers in their preferred roles, not every position may be available at the time you apply.
At this time, we are only accepting applications for foster volunteers. We will begin taking general applications again on Wednesday, May 15th. Thank you for your interest in volunteering!
Foster Parents: Loving volunteers are needed to care for Shelter animals in their homes. Fostering is very rewarding and essential to the animal rescue and adoption efforts at the Shelter. The time frame is generally 1-8 weeks at a time depending on the animal’s needs. The Foster department will work with the foster parent’s schedule and will match the right animal with the right foster home. A home visit will be conducted before being approved for this position. Please contact our Foster Care Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720.407.5231 for details.
Not quite 16 yet, but hoping to help? Check out these ideas below:
Youth Volunteer and Outreach Opportunities
Raising funds, donations and awareness for the Shelter
- Host a Spaghetti Dinner, Bake Sale, Lemonade Stand or other food fundraiser
- Have an art auction
- Host a car wash to support the animal shelter
- Host a donation drive
- Create signs or presentations about an animal welfare issue to post or present at your events
- Share our adoptable animals on social media
- Inform your friends about pet homelessness, overpopulation and the benefits of spay and neuter
- Encourage people you know to adopt, not shop and to visit this animal shelter or their local shelter
- Choose an animal welfare issue for your next humanities project at school
Making Enrichment toys for our animals
For the T-shirt and Fleece toys any clean, strong material will work but fleece and cotton are recommended
- Braided Rope Toys-large and small
- Braided Frisbee-for a rug but stop at Frisbee sized-large and small
- Braided Rope toys with tennis ball-large and small
- Knotted Rope toys-large and small
- Puff Balls
- Fleece Blanket-can be made dog or cat sized!
- Small Animal Puzzles
- Small Animal Maze-can make for mouse sized or rabbit sized!