We will begin taking general applications again on Wednesday, May 13th. Thank you for your interest in volunteering!
Not quite 16 yet, but hoping to help? Check out these ideas below:
Youth Volunteer and Outreach Opportunities
Raising funds, donations and awareness for the Shelter
- Host a Spaghetti Dinner, Bake Sale, Lemonade Stand or other food fundraiser
- Have an art auction
- Host a car wash to support the animal shelter
- Host a donation drive
- Create signs or presentations about an animal welfare issue to post or present at your events
- Share our adoptable animals on social media
- Inform your friends about pet homelessness, overpopulation and the benefits of spay and neuter
- Encourage people you know to adopt, not shop and to visit this animal shelter or their local shelter
- Choose an animal welfare issue for your next humanities project at school
Making Enrichment toys for our animals
For the T-shirt and Fleece toys any clean, strong material will work but fleece and cotton are recommended
- Braided Rope Toys-large and small
- Braided Frisbee-for a rug but stop at Frisbee sized-large and small
- Braided Rope toys with tennis ball-large and small
- Knotted Rope toys-large and small
- Puff Balls
- Fleece Blanket-can be made dog or cat sized!
- Small Animal Puzzles
- Small Animal Maze-can make for mouse sized or rabbit sized!