Volunteers help Foothills Animal Shelter rescue, care for, reunite and adopt thousands of animals every year. We could not do what we do without our amazing volunteers! While we are extremely appreciative of any and all community members willing to volunteer their time in so many different capacities, we have streamlined our program to be more efficient and to ultimately help the animals and community most effectively.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Foothills Animal Shelter! Due to the situation with COVID 19, we are temporarily postponing new volunteer on-boarding. Please check the website periodically for updates. Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering!
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Willing to make a 6-month commitment with a weekly or every other week shift – totaling a minimum of 8 hours of service per month
- Willing to make a one-time 6 hour commitment with a “high need” role ( “high need” roles highlighted below and on application)
- Have reviewed current volunteer roles and shift times
- Fill out an application
- Willing to have a phone interview, if more information is needed
- Pass a criminal background check (cost $17.75)
- Attend orientation and go through specialized trainings – dependent upon position(s)
- Have a home visit (for foster volunteers only)
- Contribute a fee ($17) to cover the cost of volunteer t-shirt and name tag
- Have regular access to an email account and internet connection for Shelter communications
If you have general questions about volunteering, please contact Kristen Galles at 720-407-5216 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required Community Service
Are you looking to fulfill requirements for court-ordered community service? Please click here for details.