Foothills Animal Shelter provides low-cost spay and neuter procedures for pets in an effort to reduce pet overpopulation.
Why should you spay/neuter your pets? To keep your pets safe, happy, and healthy! This procedure helps prevent certain cancers and avoids the high cost of caring for litters. It can help prevent bad behavior like running away from home to look for a mate, marking or spraying indoors and some aggression issues.
Your Pet’s Age and Vaccination History
- Animals must be a minimum of 16 weeks (4 months) and no older than 5 years of age to be eligible for spay or neuter surgery.
- We highly recommend that puppies and kittens (4 – 6 months of age) are fully vaccinated for Distemper and Parvo prior to surgery. However, if your puppy or kitten still needs it’s third series of vaccines, we can give these at the time of surgery for a fee. Please bring your pet’s vaccination records with you at time of drop-off.
- We also highly recommend your adult animal be vaccinated prior to surgery. We can give vaccinations at the time of surgery for a fee. Please bring your pet’s vaccination records with you at time of drop-off.
Your Pet’s Health
- We are designed to accept healthy animals for surgeries. If your pet has any underlying health problems, the surgery should be performed at a full-service vet clinic.
- If your pet has been sick lately, it is better to reschedule the appointment than to have the surgery.
- Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to do surgeries on large dogs that weigh 65 pounds or more. Scroll down to our resources section for organizations that may be able to assist you.
Schedule AN Appointment
Call 720.407.5215 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your pet’s appointment.
Male Dog: $65 neuter
Female Dog: $75 spay
Cat: $40 for either neuter/spay
- If your pet is an ADULT DOG or CAT, no food can be given after 10 pm the night before surgery.
- If your pet is a PUPPY or a KITTEN, no food can be given after 6 am the morning of surgery.
- Pets of any age may have water up until 7 am the morning of surgery.
- You will need to drop off your pet between 7:15 – 7:45 am. If you arrive past 7:45 am, you will be required to reschedule your appointment for another day. You can enter through the “Intake” door just past our main doors.
- Pets will go home the same day between 4 – 4:30 pm.
- Your total fee is due when you drop off your pet.
- Please have your ID available at that time as well.
If your dog weighs 65 pounds or more, check with your veterinarian or the organizations listed below that might be able to perform spay/neuter procedures on large dogs:
Planned Pethood Plus 303.433.3291
Downtown Animal Care 303.595.3561
Spay Today 303.984.7729