Your product donations directly help the animals we care for. Keep our list in mind when moving, cleaning or shopping!
High-Need Items Include:
- Wet cat food
- Dog & cat treats
- High-value dog treats (canned tuna or chicken, chicken baby food, hot dogs)
- Plastic pet carriers
- Gift cards to PetCo, PetSmart, Amazon and/or Pet Supplies Plus
- Litter boxes
- Dog leashes
- Poop bags
- Cardboard cat scratchers
Download a print-ready version of our full wish list here.
Save a trip to the store and order online from our Amazon Wish List or our Chewy Wish List. Items can be shipped directly to Foothills Animal Shelter.
Donations can be delivered through the Admissions Entrance any day of the week during open business hours, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. No appointment is necessary. Please see a staff member if you would like a tax receipt.
New or Gently Used Items we CAN accept:
- Pet beds
- Blankets without stuffing
- Unopened, dry, and wet, food or treats – regardless of the brand or type
- Towels of any size
- Pet crates
- Aquatic and terrestrial critter supplies
- Toys made for animals
- Vehicles of any kind*
*Please visit our Vehicle Donation page for more info on donating your vehicle.
Items we CANNOT accept:
- Open or expired food
- Sheets, comforters, or pillows
- Mattresses, furniture, or furniture cushions
- Used litter boxes and litter box accessories
- Cat trees
- Carpet remnants
- Used rabbit supplies
- Any medications or medical supplies*
*If you have unwanted meds please visit the following locations to safely dispose of them in the area:
- Sheriff’s Office/Jail Lobby, 200 Jefferson County Parkway, Golden
- South Precinct, 11139 Bradford Road, Littleton
- Mountain Precinct, 4990 County Highway 73, Evergreen
If you have further questions about what can be donated, please call 720.407.5233