Check out the many items we can use to help the thousands of animals in our care. Keep our Wish List in mind when you are moving, spring cleaning, at the store, or shopping online.
We truly appreciate your generosity, please note that we can ONLY accept the items specifically listed on our wish list.
Click to download a print-ready version: Foothills Animal Shelter Wish List
SaVE A TRIP AND INCREASE YOUR IMPACT
Save a trip to the store and order online from our Amazon Wish List. Items can even be shipped directly to Foothills Animal Shelter!
Every time you shop online for any of your household needs, increase your impact by shopping with AmazonSmile and selecting Foothills Animal Shelter as your charity organization. Every purchase made with AmazonSmile donates 0.5% of the purchase price to serve the animals at the Shelter!
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shipping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop via AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.
To shop at AmazonSmile, simply go to smile.amazon.com using the web browser on your computer or mobile device. You may also want to bookmark your AmazonSmile page to make shopping even easier. You don’t even need a new account–Amazon.com and AmazonSmile accounts share the same account information. Your shopping cart, Wish List, wedding or baby registry, and other account settings are also the same.
Similarly, you can Order your Pet Food at Chewy.com and Foothills Animal Shelter will get a $20 donation!
Additionally, if you purchase any of Good Goes Around dog products they will give back 25% to Foothills Animal Shelter to help save a dog’s life.
To receive a donation receipt for your tax purposes, be sure to mark the item as a gift and put your name and address in the gift note section.
Help Where Needed most
- Gift cards to Petco, PetSmart, Target, Walmart, Pet Supplies Plus and Home Depot.
Health Care and Foster Items
- Blankets, comforters, bath towels and receiving blankets
- KMR supplemental kitten formula, canned and/or powdered (no 2nd Step, please)
- Purina Pro-Plan canned wet food – chicken & liver paté style only (not flaked or filet) for cats/kittens; chicken & rice for puppies/dogs
- Royal Canin babycat dry food
- Clay, unscented non-clumping cat litter
- Scoopable cat litter
- Cat litter scoopers
- Small, low-to-the-ground litter boxes for kittens and adult-sized litter boxes for mother cats
- Newborn nursing kits with bottles for kittens
- Natural Balance dry dog food – sweet potato and fish formula
- Training pads
- Zout stain remover
- High-efficiency laundry detergent
- Distilled water
Animal Enrichment Items
- Canned dog and cat food, any kind
- Dog click collars (no buckles), especially in size large
- 6-foot dog leashes
- Premier brand Easy Walk harnesses in M & M/L (store locator available at www.premier.com)
- Canned chicken, tuna and salmon
- Cat toys, including play wands, laser toys, feather toys and plastic shower curtain rings
- Soft dog treats
- Kong Classic toys, L & XL
- Kong Jumbler Ball toys
- Tuffy and Mighty dog toys (found at www.mydogtoy.com)
- Small mammal food, houses and toys
- Meat baby food (no garlic and onions)
- Cat carriers and dog crates (in good shape)
Items for our Shelter Operations
- Dryer sheets
- Paper towels and facial tissues, such as Kleenex
- Scrub brushes (all sizes)
- Trash bags (heavy duty)
- Clorox and Bleach Wipes (no Lysol)
- Office supplies such as file folders, copy paper, etc.
How to Donate
Items can be dropped off at the Shelter during normal business hours:
Weekdays: 11 am – 7 pm
Weekends: 10 am – 6 pm
We are located at 580 McIntyre Street in Golden (near 6th Avenue and Indiana on the Jefferson County Fairgrounds). View a map.
Questions? Contact us at: 303-278-7575