Thank you so much for your interest in supporting Foothills Animal Shelter and the animals in our care! Monetary donations allow us to help the animals where it is needed most, but physical items are desired, too. Below are the wish list items we can use to help the thousands of animals we care for each year.
While we truly appreciate your generosity, please note that we can ONLY accept the items specifically listed on our wish list.
Click to download a print-ready version: Foothills Animal Shelter Wish List
Amazon.com Wish List
If you would like to save a trip to the store, we invite you to order from our Amazon.com Wish List. Items can be shipped directly to our Shelter! To receive a donation receipt for your tax purposes, be sure to mark the item as a gift and put your name and address in the gift note section.
Help Where Needed most
- Gift cards to Petco, PetSmart, Target, Walmart, Pet Supplies Plus and Home Depot.
Health Care and Foster Items
- KMR supplemental kitten formula, canned and/or powdered (no 2nd Step, please)
- Purina Pro-Plan canned wet food – chicken & liver paté style only (not flaked or filet) for cats/kittens; chicken & rice for puppies/dogs
- Royal Canin babycat dry food
- Clay, non-clumping cat litter
- Scoopable cat litter
- Cat litter scoopers
- Small, low-to-the-ground litter boxes for kittens and adult-sized litter boxes for mother cats
- Newborn nursing kits with bottles for kittens
- Training pads
- Clorox and Bleach Wipes (no Lysol)
- Zout stain remover
- High-efficiency laundry detergent
- Distilled water
Animal Enrichment Items
- Canned dog and cat food, any kind
- Dog click collars (no buckles), especially in size large
- 6-foot dog leashes
- Premier brand Easy Walk harnesses in M & M/L (store locator available at www.premier.com)
- Natural Balance sweet potato and fish formula dry dog food
- Cat toys, including play wands, laser toys, feather toys and plastic shower curtain rings
- Soft dog treats
- Kong Classic toys, L & XL
- Kong Jumbler Ball toys
- Tuffy and Mighty dog toys (found at www.mydogtoy.com)
- Small mammal food, houses and toys
- Meat baby food (no garlic and onions)
- Plastic cat carriers (in good shape, please)
Items for our Shelter Operations
- Dryer sheets
- Paper towels and facial tissues, such as Kleenex
- Scrub brushes (all sizes)
- Trash bags (heavy duty)
- Office supplies such as file folders, copy paper, etc.
How to Donate
Items can be dropped off at the Shelter during normal business hours:
Weekdays: 11 am – 7 pm
Weekends: 10 am – 6 pm
We are located at 580 McIntyre Street in Golden (near 6th Avenue and Indiana on the Jefferson County Fairgrounds). View a map.
Questions? Contact us at: 303.278.7575