Hosting a Donation Drive is a great way to get involved with helping the homeless pets we care for every day!
For information on how to host your own donation drive, additional signage to use, questions, and if you wish to schedule a drop-off time, contact Becky Shrefler, Development and Licensing Coordinator, at [email protected] or at 720.407.5233.
Please read these guidelines in order to maximize the impact of your donations:
- Items that are currently in the highest demand for the Shelter are listed on our Wish List.
- We accept monetary, gift card, and in-kind (item) donations. Check donations can be made out to: Friends of Foothills Animal Shelter.
- The best times for the Shelter to receive large donation drop offs are Tuesdays-Thursdays from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- We are located at: 580 McIntyre St, Golden, CO, 80401. Donations can be dropped off inside the Admissions Lobby, in the small area to the left when you enter through the Admissions Entrance.
- We can provide a tax receipt for any donation upon request.
Please note, we cannot take donations of any medications, opened or unopened. If you have unwanted medications, visit the following locations to safely dispose of medication in the area:
- Sheriff’s Office/Jail Lobby, 200 Jefferson County Parkway, Golden, CO, 80401
- South Precinct, 11139 Bradford Road, Littleton, CO, 80127
- Mountain Precinct, 4990 County Highway 73, Evergreen, CO, 80439
On behalf of the thousands of pets that enter our doors each year, thank you!