Our volunteers help us rescue, care for, reunite and adopt out thousands of animals every year. We could not achieve our mission of Making Lives Better for Pets and People without our volunteers!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Foothills Animal Shelter — we are not accepting applications at this time. Please check back periodically for updates!
General Volunteer Requirements
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Complete a 6-month commitment with a weekly or every other week shift – totaling a minimum of 4 shifts of service per month
- Watch an online orientation (13 minutes) and complete a quiz afterwards
- Fill out an online application and pass a criminal background check (cost $17.75)
- Complete the Fear Free Shelters series (4 hours of online videos)
- Attend “Animal Training Day,” and a mentor session at the shelter
- Meet with the Volunteer Department to schedule your first shift
- Contribute a fee ($17 plus tax) to cover the cost of volunteer t-shirt and name tag
- Have regular access to an email account and internet connection for Shelter communications
To see if Foothills is a good fit for you, please read: