Our volunteers help us rescue, care for, reunite and adopt out thousands of animals every year. We could not achieve our mission of making lives better for pets and people without our volunteers!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Foothills Animal Shelter! Please come back on the following date to submit an application: January 3, 2024
General Volunteer Requirements
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Ability to fulfill a 6-month commitment with a regular weekly shift
- Watch our online orientation (13 minutes) and successfully complete a quiz
- Submit an online application (link to application will be sent by email once orientation quiz is submitted)
- Pass a criminal background check (cost: $17.75)
- Successfully complete the Fear Free Shelters series (~4 hours of online videos)
- Attend Animal Training Day*, complete a mentor session, and meet with the Volunteer department at the Shelter
- Pay volunteer fee to cover the cost of t-shirt and name tag (cost: $17 plus tax)
- Have regular access to an email account and internet connection for Shelter communications
- In order to see if Foothills is a good fit for you, please review the following documents:
*Dates to attend Animal Training Day are either February 7 or February 10 (Cats: 8:30 – 9:30 am / Dogs: 9:45 – 11:30 am)
If you have any questions, please contact Kristen at [email protected]. We hope to see you soon!