Our volunteers help us rescue, care for, reunite and adopt out thousands of animals every year. We could not achieve our mission of Making Lives Better for Pets and People without our volunteers!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Foothills Animal Shelter! Please come back on the following date to submit an application:
April 3, 2023
General Volunteer Requirements
- 16 years of age or older
- Able to complete a 6-month commitment with a weekly or bi-weekly shift
- Watch an online orientation (13 minutes) and complete a quiz afterwards
- Fill out an online application and pass a criminal background check (cost $17.75)
- Complete the Fear Free Shelters series (4 hours of online videos)
- Attend “Animal Training Day,” a mentor session, and meet with the Volunteer Department at the shelter.
- Contribute a fee ($17 plus tax) to cover the cost of volunteer t-shirt and name tag
- Regular access to an email account and internet connection for Shelter communications
- In order to see if Foothills is a good fit for you, please read
For any questions, please email Kristen at [email protected] We hope to see you soon